English Study Group Online

Clock

Look it up


NHẬP TỪ CẦN TRA VÀO Ô

Chọn từ điển theo yêu cầu:

Powered by Blogger.

TRUYỆN CƯỜI

Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 27, 2014



In the English language, like in many other languages, we frequently shorten some combination of words when we speak. When we write, we substitute the missing bits with an apostrophe. Below is a list of the most commonly used contractions in English with their usage.
WORDS
CONTRACTED FORM
USAGE
I am
I’m
I’m going to the music class.
You are
You’re
You’re late again.
He is
He’s
He’s a good man.
She is
She’s
She’s going to learn English.
It is
It’s
It’s raining today.
We are
We’re
We’re very tired.
They are
They’re
They’re not coming to our house tomorrow.
I have
I’ve
I’ve enough work for today.
You have
You’ve
You’ve got my bag.
We have
We’ve
We’ve decided to go for vacation.
They have
They’ve
They’ve gone to meet their grandparents.
I will
I’ll
I’ll complete the assignment tonight.
You will
You’ll
You’ll have to come for the party.
He will
He’ll
He’ll be coming back in fifteen minutes.
She will
She’ll
She’ll be happy to see you.
They will
They’ll
They’ll be coming here tomorrow.
Are not
Aren’t
We aren’t sure about the route.
Cannot
Can’t
I can’t solve this puzzle.
Should not
Shouldn’t
We shouldn’t enter the building after dark.
Must not
Mustn’t
You mustn’t be late for work.
Could not
Couldn’t
We couldn’t find your house.
Did not
Didn’t
He didn’t complete his homework.
Do not
Don’t
I don’t know his address.
Had not
Hadn’t
I hadn’t studied for the English examination.
Have not
Haven’t
I haven’t seen him for months.
Will not
Won’t
I won’t be going to the tennis court today.
Would not
Wouldn’t
It wouldn’t have been worth the effort.
What is
What’s
What’s the time?
What are
What’re
What’re you doing here?
Who is
Who’s
Who’s coming with us?
Who are
Who’re
Who’re the people standing outside your house?
Where is
Where’s
Where’s the coffee shop?

0 nhận xét: